Post by a Young CA For ICAI.
Linkedin Post By Stuti Arya
Time to blow some whistles
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is the single most mismanaged organisation I have come across so far, speaking with first-hand experience.
1. Books have inconsistent solutions.
2. The result of re-evaluation of answer sheets comes DURING the next attempt examination, specifically 2 days before the said subject's exam, after hundreds of emails and calls.
3. Inconsistent and baseless (quite literally since they revoked the idea that suggested answer sheets were the base) marking in exam. I got 2 marks in a question of 4 marks with 8 true and false type sub-questions where I did 5 of them right. (Fun fact : I got 59 in the said subject and a half mark could've saved me a whole attempt)
4. No support phone number EVER gets connected. And if you are lucky enough, they make a volleyball out of you throwing from one person to another.
5. Last minute communication regarding urgent matters like cancellation of a convocation for which you have travelled 1000 kms, that too when you have called to enquire something entirely else.
6. Cheap politics but that's by far the least problematic thing at this point. Just notice how this post will be taken, if it reaches the right people.
7. Semi-functional placements portal : any update from the portal like interview calls are only visible if you keep checking the website. There is no alert functionality like email or SMS communication. I suffered loosing two interview calls because of this but I am at fault a 100% here for not checking the website the one day consent box got open.
8. And the reason I am writing this : no communication regarding important matters, like hosting the aforementioned postponed Convocation without informing the candidates who registered for the initial event in the first place, which they come to know through LinkedIn. Now I guess it's evident why I am... "hurt".
I had bad experiences with the Institute when I was a student and now the situation is still the same when I've become a member. I even thought of making youtube videos debunking the study material inconsistencies when I used to study. Young blood, you see. Sometimes I think I would've just left it, gotten done with an MBA or so when I had the time. Now the most I can do is cry for help in twitter, which I have amply done, or write a post on LinkedIn. I could make this post a sandwich criticism by adding the good points of the ICAI too but those can have a separate post and it is about the issues. It is just an organisation, that can be made perfect if people in it try hard enough. Issues need to be addressed to work on, and boy there are many, and had been raised time and again over the years. I'd request my Associate and Fellow CAs to add your own experiences of mismanagement with ICAI if you're comfortable sharing; let's talk first hand!
Here is the link to the original post - https://www.linkedin.com/posts/stutiarya_accountants-experience-icai-activity-6910540979850616833-f70t?utm_source=linkedin_share&utm_medium=member_desktop_web
Do let me know your thoughts on the same in the comment box below.
All the best.